Monday, October 27, 2008

Project Wanderlust

For a long, long, LONG time...well, at least the last six months, I have been very good at limiting my crochet projects to one at a time. It was really great motivation," finish this Red Heart Super Saver hat, and THEN you can work with the yummy bamboo and wool blend sweater."

Then, came my trip this weekend.

I had not seen a friend of mine in the midwest for close to four years, so when a small financial windfall came my way, I booked the second soonest flight out there to see him. Unfortunately, my current project "Mad to Attempt Plaid" Bag is WAY too bulky and unwieldly for the confines of a puddle-hopper plane. Digging through my stash, I found two balled skeins of Lion Brand Wool Ease in a soft, rosy color. Each skein had been worked into something at one point, and then frogged, I figured I'd give it the dignity of having a finished project to reside in, and maybe be able to cross a Christmas present off the list.

Like so many before me...I have fallen from the wagon yet again.

At present, the rosy plane hat is sitting 3/4 of the way done, and most likely will be frogged again, the bag needs one more piece to be completed before I begin on the surface crocheting and felting....and I have precious little interest in working on both. Thankfully, there be ghostly programs on the tube tonight, so I might be able to work on some of it.

g.o.

No comments: