Sunday, August 3, 2008

So Much For Prolific Blogging

As of right now, I'm giving myself grand amounts of kudos for neglecting the blog for an entire month...but what an eventful month it was. In addition to massive upheavel at work, a visit south to L'Drake and the complete scrapping of my vacation plans, my car has decided to ruin its own record of 6 years as a fantastic piece of transportation technology.

The AFGHAN FROM HELL is vaguely starting to resemble a blanket now, I have one more row to slip stitch together length wise, and then comes the fun fun fun task of repeating that for the fifteen rows of the width. As uphill a battle as its been, especially trying to find ways to move it from place to place as I work on it, I'm growing strangely proud of it. I never used to think of myself as a patient person, I'm one of those people who avidly WATCH the food as it cooks in the microwave, telling it to "hurry up," but as I look on this sprawling mass of looped and twisted yarn, I'm reminded that not only can long strands of fiber change.

g.o.

No comments: