Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Great and Adventagious Day

In addition to today being my baby sister's 15th birthday, it also marks a tremendous day in my crocheting odessey.

I finished my first garment.



The pattern is from Stitch and Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker. The "Cupcake" Sweater, designed by Laura-Jean Bernhardson. I opted to use a bamboo and wool blend, rather than the cotton yarn the pattern originally called for, a choice lovingly provided for me by my great-aunt Maybelle. I used the pattern directions for a 40 1/2" bust circumference, and still ended up with the measurements for a 35"ish bust due to the nature of the yarn. Overall, I am very pleased with the result...then again, if it resembled a sweater of ANY sort, I would have been happy. Fortunately, it looks more like the pictures in the book then not, which only makes me even happier.

g.o.

1 comment:

muse said...

Love it. You do wonderful work!