Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lots of Finishing...Not Alot of Pictures...

This past weekend, I drove down to the old college town of Roanoke/Salem Virginia for Drake's 23rd birthday. Per his request, I made him a crocheted Chuthulu doll. Originally, I planned to use the pattern from "Creepy Cute Crochet," but I ended up making up another pattern on my own....hmmm, I'm noticing a trend. What really drove me to it was my desire for a more tentacle-y looking dark lord, overall, I was pleased with the outcome.


Behold...the DARK LORD CHUTHULU!!!!


THE DARK LORD COMMANDS YOU!!!!

I also finished my sari silk purse...its HUGE. I think it may have eaten Mary Poppin's bag, perhaps even Mary Poppins herself. The lining still needs to be done, hopefully next week sometime, YAY payday. While down south, Drake and the TEENAGERS (the quasi-youth group he ministers to) bore witness to the awesomeness that is the bag. One of them made the comment that we'll all just have to go to an amusement park so that we can take turns schlepping the bag.

New projects include a grey shawl I'm making for me...just because and the start of Sherin's wedding blanket. Officially, Sherin and Sam are supposed to get married sometime next summer...but with the shennanigans at work, she's pushing to move up the date...so, best get cracking

1 comment:

muse said...

I want one of those!!